Selected Press Coverage
- “Our Patron Saint,” guest, Think Hard podcast, May, 2018. Link
- "Why? Radio's 100th Episode." An interview. on Main Street. Link
A 30-minute interview about the history of Why? Radio, being a father, a North Dakotan, and the milestone of reaching 100 episodes.
- Symposium on Adam Smith's Pluralism." Link
A full issue devoted to commentary on Adam Smith's Pluralism, including a detailed response by Jack Russell Weinstein.
(Cosmos + Taxis 2:3 (2015))
- Review symposium on Adam Smith's Pluralism." Link (behind pay wall).
A series of reviews of Adam Smith's Pluralism, including a response by Jack Russell Weinstein.
(Studies in Philosophy and Education (2015))
- Once a Month a Philosopher Uploads His Discipline to the World." Link (behind pay wall) Download PDF
A feature on Why? Radio from The Chronicle of Higher Education, January 23, 2015
- Interview on "Main Street." Link
An accessible 30 minute interview about Why? Radio from Prairie Public radio, the network that hosts Why?
(January 20, 2015).
- Interview on Alan Colmes Show. Link.
An accessible 10-minute discussion on open-carry and whether gun owners are a constitutionally protected class.
Fox News Radio (August 14, 2014).
- "Philosophy Professor on Dealing with Open-Carry Advocates: Don't be Here Now." link.
A celebratory and tongue-in-cheek blog post from Wonkette (July 25, 2014).
The Wonkette article refers to a blog post and video that went viral. There is more coverage at
Addicting Info, Crooks and Liars, Guns.com, Liberal Land, Opposing Views, and many other sites.
- "Adam Smith, Rationalized": link.
A scholarly review from The Library of Law and Liberty (July, 2014).
- "Impertinent Questions": link.
An interview from Humanities Magazine (January/February 2014).
- "Adam Smith's Pluralism."
A book review from Choice Reviews (January 2014).
- "The Invisible Heart: Adam Smith Reconsidered": link.
A book review from The Los Angeles Review of Books (December 14, 2013).
- "Adam Smith, Communitarian": link.
A book review from The American Conservative (November/December 2013).
- On The Page 99 Test: link.
What is on page 99 of Adam Smith's Pluralism?
- What is Jack Russell Weinstein reading?: link
A short feature from Writers Read.
- Pump up the Vol(taire, Hume)ume": link.
A feature from Boston University Today (original link).
- Philosophy on the Radio: link.
A feature from Humanities Magazine.
- The Thomas Jefferson Hour, episode 939: "Crusoe Revisited": MP3 link.
- The Thomas Jefferson Hour, episode 938: "Untrammeled Economy": MP3 link.
- The Thomas Jefferson Hour, episode 766: "Adam Smith": MP3 link.
Other features have appeared in Dimensions Magazine (Spring 2009), UND Alumni review (Winter 2009). and The SUNY Plattsburgh Alumni Magazine (Fall 2007).